Thursday, October 13, 2005

RTFM and GetParserCacheItem Exception

In 2004, I posted to a couple of forums regarding an exception I was receiving for a website that I maintained. Going back and reviewing those posts made me realize that all I needed to do was read the content of the exception message (blush) and realize that the exception was being generated because the file was not found. Here's an idea of what the message looked like...

Message: c:\someDirectory\anotherDir\webFolder\SomePage.aspx TargetSite: System.Web.UI.ParserCacheItem GetParserCacheItem() Source: System.Web Stack Trace: at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal...

The problem was that the file wasn't found and so never loaded. Unfortunately, I expected to receive a 404 message instead of this GetParserCacheItem Exception. I didn't accept the fact that the file was NOT in the directory, biggest example of why one should RTFM, or in this instance RTFEM. Live and learn...

-Brian

3 comments:

adminsupervisor said...

Hey, you have a great blog here. I know this has nothing to do with your site but I have a blog which you can see by going to www.adminsupervisor.blogspot.com....recently I've been asking for ideas for stuff to write about. Take a look and see if there is anything I should do to make it better. Any suggestions would be great.

I also have a work at home site. Its all about, need I say it, working from home. I think people should have the choice to build their own income instead of somebody else’s. Freedom of well being and all of that...anyway take a look see what you think.

Keep up the good work, I'll be back to visit. Adrian

emily from blog articles said...

Hello Brian Chiasson,

After reading your blog "RTFM and GetParserCacheItem Exception", I believe you will find my site on college admission exams to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ... college entrance requirement act, how to review for college entrance exam, sample math compass test for college entrance, ap classes and college entrance, compass college entrance exam, ppst college entrance exam, gmat college exam entrance test and high school requirements college entrance.
We have hundreds of study prep guides and aids to help you ace your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Kind Regards
Emily

margretgonzo2715 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com